- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (optional)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla pod, open, deseeded*; or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * Only use the pod and keep the seeds for another recipe.
- Mix maple syrup, cornstarch and egg in a bowl. Beat well. Set aside.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pod and nutmeg in a casserole. Once the milk is hot, add a bit of it to the maple syrup mixture to warm it up. Then pour the maple syrup mixture into the hot milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Pour the hot milk into cups and sprinkle with maple sugar.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!