- 4 cups pure maple water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup kale, sliced thin
- 1 cup green beans, cut in sections
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 796-ml (28-oz) can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup amaranth grain
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, bring maple water to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and chickpeas.
- Pour amaranth into pan in a stream, return to boil and simmer 2 minutes.
- Dilute miso in maple syrup and water, add to soup and cook 1 more minute.
- Serve hot.
- Variation: For more crunch, add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) uncooked amaranth grain at the end.
Yield: 2 L (8 cups)
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!