- 8.8 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar, grated
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites, whisked into peaks
- 2 oz strong cheddar (l’Île aux Grues), grated
- 2 oz prosciutto, julienned
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (Golden)
- In a bowl, combine flour, maple sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another receptacle, combine the melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Slowly add this second mixture to the first, then incorporate the peaked whites, grated cheddar, and julienned prosciutto. Bake in waffle iron.
- Sauté the pears in the butter and add the rosemary.
- Finish cooking with the maple syrup.
- Avoid over-cooking to keep some crunch in the pears.
- Pour topping over waffles.
Avoid overworking the mixture to keep the egg whites peaked. Waffles are best fresh but, once made, they may be successfully frozen.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!