- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chilli sauce
- Coat chicken cubes in cornstarch.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt, then add chicken and coat well with the mixture.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add chicken.
- Sauté chicken, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove chicken from heat and prepare sauce.
- In a saucepan, add sesame oil, ginger and green onions, and cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Then add water and maple syrup and simmer for one more minute.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and chili sauce in a bowl, then pour into saucepan. Cook for 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to sauce and serve with a rice of your choice.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!