- 24 tomatoes
- 5 peaches
- 5 pears, peeled and diced
- 4 apples, peeled and finely diced
- 4 oignons, chopped
- 3 green peppers, finely diced
- 2 cups celery, finely diced
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coarse grain salt
- 2 tablespoons marinating spices
- Scald the tomatoes and peaches. Peel and dice finely.
- In a large casserole, combine all ingredients except for spices.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the desired consistency is reached, for about 2 hours. Stir frequently.
- Add spices and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized jars and seal one by one.
Servings: about 7 jars of 450 ml
ENERGY: 152 calories
PROTEIN: 0.6 g
CARBOHYDRATES: 37 g
FATS: 0.2 g
Contains 1.6 mg of lycopene per serving
** Per serving of 60 ml (1/4 cup)
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!