- Baguette – 4 slices, 3-4 cm (1 1/2 in) thick
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 10 strawberries
- 20 raspberries
- Butter to taste and pour
- 3/8 cup maple syrup (Golden)
- Break eggs into a bowl, beat, add milk and maple sugar, and mix.
- Add the baguette slices to the mixture and soak for 2-3 hours, occasionally turning the slices.
- Heat a frying pan and melt 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter, line up the slices of bread in the pan, and cover. Lower heat and cook until completely heated through.
- Flip over once and cook until both sides are nicely browned.
- Melt 50 g (3 1/2 tablespoons) of butter and heat the maple syrup.
- Heap on a plate, scatter with bite-size pieces of fruit, and pour the heated maple syrup and melted butter over the bread.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!