- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter in cubes
- 1 cup milk
- Bring the syrup and water to the boil in a saucepan. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into the flour in small pieces.
- Slowly add the milk and gently mix together with a fork. Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the syrup.
- It’s important not to overcrowd the pan so that each dumpling has room to expand.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!