- 3/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, add cream and coffee beans and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and infuse 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan over high heat, reduce maple syrup by half. Remove from heat.
- Pour coffee cream over reduced maple syrup. Over medium heat, bring back to a boil and stir 2 to 3 minutes until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Pass mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl. Stir in instant coffee and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap making sure wrap is in direct contact with surface of cream. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, use an electric mixer to whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Pour into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!