- 1 2.5 kg (5.5 lb) whole chicken
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups NAPSI-certified pure maple water
- 1 bouquet garni
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Tie the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in a casserole, add remaining ingredients, cover and roast for 90 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Strain and skim fat from cooking liquid. Pour liquid into a saucepan and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to dish and brown in oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove string from chicken and serve with the fragrant maple jus.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!