- 5oz chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons juice squeezed from fresh ginger
- 2 small red peppers + starch as needed
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 to 4 teablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon starch + 45 ml
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into bite-size pieces and season with salt, pepper and fresh ginger juice. Pat dry, coat with starch, and deep fry in oil heated to a moderate temperature.
- Cut the red peppers into bite-size pieces and deep fry briefly.
- Squeeze the lemons and set the juice aside. Remove the rind of the lemon and place it in a pan with 3/4 cup of water. Simmer until the water has taken on the colour and scent of the lemon.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and salt to the lemon water and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of starch in water and add to the pan. Once it has thickened, add the fried chicken and peppers to heat through.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the chicken and peppers and garnish with julienned lemon rind or julienned ginger as desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!