- 4 carrots, peeled & coarsely grated
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 blood orange, peeled with a knife, all white pith removed (navel orange may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Mix together carrot, red cabbage and tarragon.
- Cut orange crosswise into half-inch thick slices, then into small segments. Add to carrot mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Toss salad with half the dressing.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for another dish.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!