- 1 200-g (7-oz) frozen pastry sheet (defrosted)
- 1 large onion
- 2 slices thin-cut bacon
- 3/4 oz butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (Amber)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (or processed grated cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Cut the onion lengthwise in half and thinly slice following the grain.
- Cut bacon into small dice. Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté bacon.
- Add onions, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. When onions are slightly colored, add maple syrup and sauté, turning off the heat when onions become caramelized. Let cool.
- Mix eggs, milk, and fresh cream in a bowl and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roll out the pastry sheet until it is about 3 mm (1/8 in) thick, spread in the pie plate, cut off excess pie dough, and prick vent holes all over the bottom of the sheet with a fork.
- Place the sauté into the pie plate, and pour the sauce over the mixture. Top with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Bake in a 200 °C (400 °F) oven for 20 minutes first, then bake at 160 °C (325 °F) for 5 minutes. The quiche is done when the top is browned.
- Cut into easy-to-eat slices and plate.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!