- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 butternut squash, about 1 kg (2 1/4 lb), peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved
- 6 oz pancetta, diced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200° C (400° F).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and squash cubes, stir, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add your spices. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the nuts, pancetta, and maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put in oven for 12 minutes or until the pancetta is crispy. Set aside.
- Using a hand blender, bring the soup to a smooth texture.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with the maple-pancetta-nut mixture, and a few leaves of coriander, if desired.
For after exercise
Nutritional Value per Serving
Calories: 360 kcal
Fat: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fibre: 5 g
Protein: 14 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!