- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups mini arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pears, diced
- 1 Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup blue Ermite cheese, crumbled
- Small arugula leaves for garnish
- 8 small crackers for garnish
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat, add onion and sauté for 1 minute before pouring in the maple syrup.
- Allow the onions to caramelize for 20 minutes; stir frequently. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine arugula, maple syrup, pear and lemon juice. Salt and pepper.
- Divide into glasses, then top with a layer of crumbled cheese and cooled caramelized onions.
- Garnish with arugula and cracker before serving.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!