- 3 1/2 oz canned cooked soybeans
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 oz dried kelp
- 1 burdock root
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 sheet konnyaku (50 g/ 2 oz)
- 3/4 cup broth
- 3 tablespoons reserved soaking liquid from shiitake
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (medium)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Soak dried shiitakes in water until softened. Cut off stems and cut mushrooms into 1 cm (3/8 in) dice.
- Soak dried kelp in water until softened and cut into 1 cm (3/8 in) squares.
- Wash burdock, scrape skin off, chop coarsely into small pieces and soak in water. Peel the carrot and cut into 1 cm (3/8 in) dice.
- Parboil the konnyaku and cut into 1 cm (3/8 in) dice.
- Put soybeans, broth, and shiitake soaking liquid in a pan over high heat, lower heat when this comes to a boil, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add shiitakes, kelp, maple syrup, and soy sauce, increase heat and skim foam off the surface when the mixture comes to a boil.
- Put a drop lid in and also cover the pan. Cook slowly over low heat until the stewing liquid reduces.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!