- All purpose maple dough base recipe
- Butter (for pan)
- Flour (for work surface)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Coureur des Bois Canadian whisky and maple syrup liquor
- Prepare the base recipe for All-Purpose Maple Dough.
- Form the dough into a disk shape, cover all around with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter a doughnut baking pan.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 1.25 cm (1/2 in).
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 doughnuts and place in pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the doughnuts are golden.
- As they’re baking, warm the maple syrup and maple whisky liquor in a small saucepan.
- As soon as the doughnuts come out of the oven, dip them one at a time into the hot syrup mixture and set on a rack to drain. Serve warm.
You can also keep these doughnuts in an airtight container at room temperature to re-heat and serve later. They will keep frozen for up to 2 months.Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!