- 1 cup almond powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon piri piri mustard, or other spicy mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, hand-ground
- 28 spears of asparagus
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup shaved cheese of your choice
- A few slices of Serrano ham (a Spanish prosciutto)
- Put almond powder and milk into a blender and run at maximum power for about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the sides regularly with a spatula. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, emulsify the oil and maple syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients, whisk, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Using a peeler, peel the stems of 20 asparagus. Using a mandoline, slice them lengthwise, and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan, toast the other 8 asparagus for 3 – 4 minutes in a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the raw asparagus and mix well.
- Add the toasted almonds.
- Spread the almond cream on a serving plate and arrange the toasted asparagus on top.
- Cover with the raw asparagus salad with almonds.
- Scatter the cheese shavings and slices of Serrano ham on top and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!