- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 lb veal cubes
- Flour (to coat the veal)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 yellow apples, peeled, cored and cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat oil and butter over high heat.
- Roll the meat cubes in flour and shake off the excess. Sear the cubes in the oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and celery and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with maple syrup and lightly reduce.
- Cover with apple juice, add the bay leaf, and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat cubes are tender. Approximately 20 minutes before the end of cooking, add the apple pieces.
- Remove the bay leaf, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with seasonal vegetables.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!