- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm (3/8 in) slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, washed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of cardamom
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Set the oven to broil and preheat.
- Cook the sweet potatoes, either in a bowl with a bit of water in the microwave for 5 – 6 minutes, or in a pot of boiling water on the stove for about 10 minutes.
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and sweat the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked potatoes and the spinach, mixing gently for 2 – 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, maple syrup, cardamom, and salt and pepper, then add to the skillet.
- Deglaze with the water. Add the eggs and cook for 5 – 6 minutes, stirring to coat all with the eggs.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Once the mixture is lightly browned, put it under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes. Cut into 4 or 6 wedges.
Nutritional Value per Serving
6 Servings (ideal before exercise)
Calories: 200 kcal
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fibre: 3 g
Protein: 8 g
4 Servings (ideal after exercise)
Calories: 290 kcal
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fibre: 4 g
Protein: 12 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!