- 1 can of maple syrup (preferably Golden for its delicate taste)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 pretzels, in pieces
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, in chips or chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring the maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and continue cooking until candy thermometer reaches 118 °C (245 °F).
- Meanwhile, butter a 33×23-cm (13×9-in) baking sheet or pan and set aside.
- Remove the preparation from the heat and stand for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla and beat with a whisk for 5 minutes until thick.
- Pour the mixture on the baking sheet or into the pan and let cool 2 minutes before sprinkling the surface with pretzels, chocolate, cranberries and pistachios.
- Cut into squares without removing from pan and allow cooling for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the cream fudge has cooled down, cut the squares over the previous marks and unmold.
For an even more festive version, decorate with maple flakes.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!